Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Lodge

"The Lodge" is a name given to my 64 SF shack by friends who jokingly suggested that I should better market my accomplishment. In real estate terms, it is a "stunning 1/0/0 with a great room, vaulted ceilings, and low energy bills". Only half the size of Thoreau's cabin at Walden, it still provides a welcome relief from the rainstorm soakings I would otherwise recieve. My son was unlucky enough to be visiting during the foundation construction, and is shown hauling bags of concrete mix. (nasty work) I assembled the structure from modular components whose main requirements were that they had to: 1) be built in my Houston garage, and 2) fit in the back of my pickup truck to be hauled out to Wimberley. It is a very good thing that my sweetheart was already stuck on me before seeing The Lodge. Pictured below, parked in the limousine-like transportation available at no extra cost to visitors at The Lodge, she can enjoy the simple pleasures of life better than anyone I know. Real simple. I think The Lodge's greatest days of glory will be years from now, if we ever build an actual home there. When new friends visit, we'll point to The Lodge and say "that's where we stayed in the old days". And we'll be smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home