Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bedroom Ceiling, Wimberley Style

We wanted something a little different for the master bedroom ceiling, and with some recent help from my dad and son we are definitely getting there. The idea was to create a warm and cozy feel for the bedroom despite the tall vaulted ceiling height, so I used planks of Baltic birch plywood for a natural look. Then I applied a wide range of wood stains to the individual panels before installing to create a patchwork of colors. But the most fun was definitely using the pneumatic finish nailer to "plink in" each panel, like I'm doing in the first photo. This all ended up being a LOT of work, so I'm fairly confident that we'll have the only ceiling like it on the block... and perhaps in the universe. Now the master bedroom is getting very close to being complete- flooring in a few weeks and then some door and window trim is all that's left. What will I do with all my spare time afterward?

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger yogini said...

I have dibs on your spare time for the next, ah, 50 years or so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home