Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Beaming

Here is an in-progress shot of the beam trim overhead in the Kitchen and Dining area being installed.  Progress Saturday was slower than expected since my helper was stranded in his home by flood waters for overnight storms.  But I at least achieved some proof-of-concept satisfaction as all the details went together pretty much as I had planned.  Beneath the each stained plywood- wrapped beam you see will be 16 feet of 1x6 solid red oak to cover the plywood edges and the raw joist. 

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Mark - I'm going to miss your custom joist hangers, but they are being replaced by some very beautiful carpentry! Very nice work!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Chainsaw Yogi said...

Yep, back when I first designed the galvanized beam hangers my interior theme was going to include exposed galvanized duct and and other galvanized doo-dads. Then I realized I wanted to live in a cozier wood-rich environment...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home