Monday, November 06, 2006

Domus Oriens

Foundation framing has started on "The House of the Rising Sun". You can see how the house is turned clockwise so that on hot summer days the large expanse of glass faces NE (rising sun) rather than the evil NW (afternoon sun).

The word exciting can't quite convey the thrill of seeing this place I've planned for years come to life. First thing I did while visiting this weekend was stand up on top of the framing, where the big living room windows will be, and gaze out at the view. A view that I hope will get a lot of use by me, my sweetheart, and visiting family & friends. If God and luck permit, I'll be sitting at those windows long after I'm still capable of actually building anything. Pointing out this photo in a yellowed old album to anyone who will listen and saying "I remember when..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home