Sunday, September 05, 2010

Coon fever

After waging war on the raccoon population around our house for several years, I think I had got rid of all the local coons. I (and my bird feeders) have been living in relative peace for the past year. But now I'm getting occasional deposits of coon poop around the house again, or at least it sure LOOKS like coon poop to me. I set the old reliable coon trap one night, even baited it with some yummy canned cat food, but no luck on that try. Ann was kind enough to photo me baiting the trap at the most stupid-looking moment possible, which seems even more stupid since the only thing in the trap that night was me. I'm figuring that the newcomer coon is just traveling through our hood occasionally, marking the territory for some future expansion plans. One night he'll come by when I've got the trap set again and "wham", end of the pooper-king.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home