Monday, April 18, 2011

Aggie Adventure

Last week Ann and I went to visit our friend Professor Geoffrey Booth at Texas A&M. I gave a talk to his graduate class about our Wimberley place as a case study in evaluating sustainability options. Here I am pictured with the students after the class; I especially admired the cute blond near the far right. I've always loved graduate school, both as a student and lecturer. Being around lots of smart, curious people trying to make a difference in the world gives me hope that we'll find some way to save the planet, despite all the trends to the contrary.

On Saturday Geoffrey, his wife Debbie, and some of these same students came out to the house itself to get a personal look at things. Here we are on the little deck down by the drought-stressed pond in our backyard.

Thanks Geoffrey, for a chance to get away from work for a bit and rediscover that the main ingredients in being happily employed have little to do with making money. Not that I'm complaining about making money. I'm just saying...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home