Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Marks do Solar

Our house in Wimberley doesn't use much electricity, so big solar systems are not exactly a brilliant financial move there.  But our power does go out a lot so I've been scheming a small back-up system with my buddy and fellow gadget geek Mark. He even helped me engineer a safe way to install this first panel using a fall protection harness with a rope tied to a nearby tree. Other Mark was up by the ridge on a ladder supplying me with advice, the panel itself, and a good bit of photography as he documented my adventures.  We're designing the system of individual components rather than a pre-packaged kit so I can expand it over time. And other Mark is the perfect guy to ensure I don't do anything that violates the basic laws of science.  Next step: wiring up the charge regulator and disconnect box between the panel and the batteries inside the workshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home