Thursday, November 17, 2005

A friend indeed

My friend pictured at the previously mentioned watering hole. I've had several people help out over the years in Wimberley, but this true friend has actually come back for more. Unshackled! Sometimes there are things that I truly need a helper to accomplish, and during his visits it's nice to get a few of those things checked off my list. But the truth is that having someone to share the experience with is more meaningful than whatever tasks we complete. We can talk about life, astronomy, women, photography, and all kinds of geeky things that would make any macho-man cringe. I'm not sure if either of us gets more enjoyment during these getaways from being closer to nature or from getting the chance to really talk. Both are great therapy, and in combination they create a common bond that keeps us close, and keeps us thinking about coming back for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home