Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spring Break

My son Alex spent some of his college spring break with me in Wimberley. Here he is, taking an actual break after helping me find, haul, and stack the stones you see at the base of the deck. I'm fortunate that he seems to actually enjoy getting out of the big city and working in the muck with me. That weekend the weather was drizzly. After this work, plus cutting down a few trees, we looked pretty nasty. I can just imagine him going back to school and listening to the stories of his classmates and their spring break binges on the beach. Then I'm REALLY thankful that he spent this time with me. It's a true blessing to have a tradition like this with him, and I'll do my part to continue it for as long as he can resist the lure of those other happenings.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger yogini said...

Sweet, sentimental, the "daddy" side of you.

Thanks for sharing this with us; I hope Alex gets to see it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home