Friday, February 09, 2007

Don't back up

My son Alex has helped out many times at Wimberley over the years. During this recent visit, I tried to spend more time having fun with him than on some of our past work-till-you-drop episodes. But, we still managed to get ourselves a little dirty stacking some logs that I'd been saving for his visit. Logs I couldn't handle by myself.

Here Alex is poised at the edge of a big drop from the second floor. Good thing he is as agile as a goat.

Whenever he visits I end up thinking about future get-togethers of family and friends in the completed house. I just love the idea of having a really special place to spend time together like that. Doing simple things like roasting marshmallows in a campfire, watching the stars from the deck, or playing around at the creek. With another generation already starting to hatch (my grandson Braden is the first), the Wimberley house should be just the ticket. The first challenge is to get it completed in time for him and others to enjoy it while they are still young. Who knows, maybe one day Alex will bring a son or daughter to visit and tell them all about his adventures helping Grandpa get the place built all those years ago.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger alesius said...

good to know that i am “steady as a goat” ...its from all those years of intensive goat study at yale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home