Monday, February 26, 2007

Stoned

Limestone is the favorite exterior wall material in the hill country. That, a metal roof, and a big covered porch go a long way toward defining the hill country look. I took this photo Friday, and by today the limestone should be done. The roof will go on later this week.

As the contractor I've hired to do the house shell nears completion, I'm starting to get a good grasp of the work I still have left to do on the interior. A lot. Years of it. I've got someone lined up to start the geothermal heat pump installation in the next few weeks, and I'll soon start electrical wiring, insulation, and plumbing fixtures. All I need is about twice the vacation time I can possibly hope to take over the next few months. And maybe a few gullible friends to help out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home