Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Time for a cold shower

I never thought I'd be so relieved to complete this shower tile installation, but I am, and I never want to see another tile again... at least until I start the upstairs shower, maybe next year! I still have a little trim and ceiling work to do, but at least I have enough tile done to take a shower once I complete the grout and sealer.

The floor tile is a slate material which I really admire, but it was a real pain to install because the slate thickness was so irregular. I guess that explains why you done see natural slate mosaic tile in your typical suburban tract home... anybody installing it for a living would soon go broke, insane, or both.

Next up, my brainy wife points out that it would be a good idea to actually heat the water coming to the shower, it being winter time and all. I do have a hot water heater, but all those pesky little details like water, drain, and electrical lines going to it are absent, and seem to be keeping it from heating the water just yet...

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger J. Douglas said...

While I truly appreciate the invitation to join you, Ann and Chris for the weekend to "work" (translated - Ann and I go shopping while you and Chris install things)... Your comment that the connections from the hot water heater to the shower is nonexistent has me worried... What was that number for the Wimberley Inn?

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Chainsaw Yogi said...

j. douglas,
Jeez, I thought that I was getting really fancy after installing a real sink where I could take armpit sponge-baths!

Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home