Sunday, December 07, 2008

Not so Fast

Shortly after the kitchen cabinets were delivered we quickly got the first ones installed (the ones in the background). Nearly two months later I'm still toying around with the others because they are SO special. (foreground peninsula). First I had to wire them up for the dishwasher and convenience outlets, no big deal.

Then came the custom framing and cherry veneer for the "back side", which in our case is very visible, not just shoved up against a wall. Very big deal. We've got niches for a computer station and bar stools you can see on that back side, and getting that right is taking awhile. A little more trim work next week and it should finally be ready for the counter top.

But, before I spend any more money on counters I've vowed to finish installing the many other things laying around that I already spent money on. Bathroom cabinets, Jacuzzi bath, more light fixtures, the list goes on and on. Keeping me gainfully employed on this little project further into the future than I can imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home