Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Amish Invasion

Our Master Bedroom is finally complete with the addition of this furniture built by Amish Craftsmen. No, they didn't deliver it with a horse and buggy- too far for even the Amish to go. Laying in the bed for my first night's sleep I was thinking about the first night we ever slept in the house, in about the same spot, just after it was framed. In a sleeping bag on the concrete floor, with no insulation, electrical, plumbing, or anything else. And while this may look like just furniture to anyone else viewing this photo, it is so much more to me... it's a milestone which says in the not too distant future I'll get a chunk of my time back. Tea and scones anyone? Perhaps a week long spa retreat? More likely I'll end up spending the time on some other wacky adventure, but it still feels good to imagine the possibilities.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm good with tea & scones....but let's be real Dad, you will find work to be done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home