Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Counter Curves

The upstairs bath is one of the last rooms to receive the stained oak trim I've been putting everywhere.  Partly because the bath is not used too often... but mainly because of the curves.  The curved recycled glass counter top means that I need to provide a curved wood cabinet base, and here you can see the first section done (far left).   I also completed the whole toe kick you can see at the bottom.  Slow work because in order to make the wood bend enough, I have to cut deep slits about 1/2 inch apart along the entire board's back side.  Then after it is in place, I fill the slits with an expanding urethane glue to give it strength.  And somehow I still have to figure out how to detail a nice panel in all those wood curves to access the sink plumbing.  So for all of you who have previously built one just like it, come on out and give me a hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home