Sunday, August 10, 2014

Teeny Tiny Kitchen

Our guest kitchen is 4 feet wide by 7 feet deep.  And the cabinets take up exactly half of that.  This weekend I got started on the cabinet base, which must be complete before the Silestone quartz counter-top arrives next month. The first photo is the 3/4" cabinet grade birch plywood being ripped at the lumber yard so I can handle it in my car and with my modestly sized table saw.


Unlike the pre-made cabinet bases which come in individual sections, each with 4 sides of wood, my custom build-in-place approach uses a lot less wood. And as I learned, it makes it tricky to assemble, especially when the work crew is comprised of one person, me.  I managed to get all the verticals in place and the sub-top on, so everything is now relatively stable.  Next pieces to be installed are the shelves and then some solid birch trim on the front face.  No doors on these babies, so guests will find it easy to spot whatever they need.  And I don't have to build any pesky doors.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home