Monday, January 02, 2006

Calling all Bats

Come on in, you skeeter-eating, flying fur-balls. Newly installed at the Wimberley property is this cozy little bat house, complete with all the amenities that any upwardly mobile bat family would be proud of. I carefully followed all the sacred bat law that I could find on this topic, hoping to avoid a multi-year vacancy period like my Wimberley martin house is now enduring. I mounted it at the ideal height of 15 feet above ground (what a pain). Oriented it facing South to South-East. Found a spot which gets more than the minimum 4 hours of direct sunlight so the baby bats will be adequately warmed. What more could you ask for, you wacky critters of the dark? Maybe a movie screen showing vampire or Batman movies? A free month's rent with a year lease? Free bat cable?

Come on in, I'll leave the lights off for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home