Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bent Out of Shape

See that window in the background? See how the white vent pipe skirts around the view through the window?

I wish I could say that I originally designed the upstairs bath with a window in it, but I didn't. That's because the bath was not on an exterior wall, so I thought I'd just have to do without natural light. Then a cool thing happened when several of us looked at the newly framed house; we noticed that we could achieve a perfect alignment of the bathroom door, a pedestal sink, and an INTERIOR bathroom window that allowed a view out through the exterior window pictured. And of course allowed natural light into the bathroom. All without compromising the privacy of bathroom occupants, since there is a stairwell between the bathroom and the pictured window, and the steps are about ten feet down at that point.

Confused yet? Then you'll just have to come on out and see it for yourself. Alex and I had just done the vent pipe re-routing you see here so we could start framing the new interior window opening. But, we saved some for you. If you visit soon you can even be a part of the actual window installation crew. The job has lousy pay, but the view is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home