Monday, July 07, 2008

Nifty to be Fifty



Four generations of family & friends,
22 1/2 strong, conspired to surprise me for my 50th birthday. And they did. Ann rented out the entire Inn Above Onion Creek near Wimberley for the whole weekend, just for us. http://www.innaboveonioncreek.com/

It's hard for me to sum up all the feelings I have about that weekend, but the top descriptor is easy: Blessed. I was surrounded by a wonderful group of people, all able to slow time down for one weekend together at the world's best B&B. No matter what the future holds, calamity or chaos, we have the miracle of that time together.

Also hard to describe my admiration for my bride, who put everything together starting late last year. With generosity and care for others that only confirms my long held suspicion that she's not really completely human, but some sort of angel from heaven. I want to be like her when I grow up.

Here a few more photos from the weekend:





1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Pat Wente said...

If nothing else wonderful were to ever happen in my life (although I'm sure it will), I would consider myself thoroughly fulfilled by the privilege I've had to watch the two of you meet and come to love and cherish each other as you do. You're walking billboards for the miracles that can happen in our lives if we are willing to reach out, if we spend our efforts on taking care of other people, if we learn how to love selflessly.

I'm so proud of both of you, and I love you very much.

Pwent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home