Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dirty

My helpers have spent many months working to civilize our backyard. They've moved tons of loose stones and filled in the many holes with 20 cubic yards of dirt. So after all that work we have a backyard that is, well, dirty.

During this period of work we've had virtually no rain at all, but just in case the rains ever do come again I'm starting to get ready. I've bought a bunch of buffalo grass seed for erosion control once it starts growing in the Spring. In the meantime, and to help keep the seeds in place and moist when I plant them, I've started laying out some rolls of burlap and straw mat.


Hopefully mother nature will cooperate this Spring with some frequent light rains, and I'll soon be able to post some photos of a beautiful green backyard. Based on past experience we'll get not nearly enough rain or way too much, but there is always hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home