Monday, June 13, 2011

Festus

Festus the mule has just been appointed as the unofficial mascot of our ranch ( a sort of subdivision) in Wimberley. Although I've never met Festus, I must say that I approve. His appointment comes at about the same time we received notice of a cougar who has been seen stalking some of our neighborhood deer. So it seems to me that Festus, with legendary credentials no doubt passed down from his namesake on Gunsmoke (PR photo below), should be deputized to also be the official mountain lion warning system within our ranch. I'm not sure if he would serve us better by sounding some warning screams upon seeing or smelling the cougar, or by serving as diversionary bait to protect our domesticated dogs, cats, and small children. Either way, it should be hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home