Monday, January 09, 2006

The Plan

Since I'm an architect by education, one might think that I should have some really firm plans for a home to build in Wimberley. But, in reality I've had many not so firm plans. Dozens and dozens of pages, with all kinds of intricate details. The thing is, once I got past the initial excitement and a thousand hours or so detailing a really fabulous home plan, sanity slowly crept back into my life. The big, high maintenance homes that I had been contemplating didn't seem so attractive, and neither did the large mortgages that went with them. So, I've just started yet another plan, and this one is very small and simple. Call it a Yoga induced plan. A little weekend getaway sort of place, which is only as big as it is in order to meet minimum building size requirements. Here is an early drawing showing the ground floor (The upper floor is just a loft, bedroom, and bath) and part of the garage. As the plans mature I'll update them here, but I imagine it will take many months at my part time pace until they are really complete. And then, who knows, maybe this will be the one that actually gets built!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home