Monday, August 18, 2008

Floored

I must have started looking at wood floor samples for the living room about a year ago, grossly under-estimating how long it would take me to get to this point. And now it feels SO good to finally be there, stepping back and admiring the finished floor at long last (OK, nearly finished). And it really wasn't so bad to install, at least not after the sub-floor was done. And especially painless compared to my multi-month ordeal installing bathroom tiles. In the first photo I'm doing one of the more tedious bits, scribing a board for a circular cut around one of the two floor electrical outlets in the room. Ann, my official flooring installation photographer, had to be thinking that watching slime grow on a turtle's back would be faster and more exciting at this point.

The second photo shows the near-finished product, with that electrical box visible in the middle of the floor. So now I can really picture the completed room, furniture and all. I see a crisp winter day, fireplace blazing, with a couple of grandkids racing around the room, sliding with their sock feet on the floor that Grandpa built just for them. And I like to picture myself snuggled into a cozy leather couch with Ann, one hand wrapped around a steaming cup of hot chocolate, grinning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home