Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Pile of Work


See the big pile of crushed limestone, foreground. See the very small shovel, background. Oh well, at least it gives me something to do... I recently had another load of this stuff delivered so that I can extend the driveway up to where the house will be located. It makes a decent driving surface for rural locations like this, at a fraction of the price of asphalt or concrete. And, no need to worry about those inevitable cracks or oil stains you get with paved surfaces; just spread another pile over the driveway every few years and it looks like new. Best thing is that it provides further rationalization for buying a Bobcat to maintain it! I'll be visiting the property later this week trying to make this pile much smaller, and will haul some of it by wheelbarrow to spread along the path to the creek/pond/yoga deck. If this sounds like irresistible fun to anyone reading this, I've got an extra shovel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home