Sunday, February 22, 2009

Taunting Me

Turd photography is not especially high on my blogger to do list. But here goes:

See Raccoon trap, background. Note un-sprung condition of said trap.

See turds, foreground. Note demolished condition of right pile.


Now the story: I've had plenty of battles with raccoons in Wimberley over the years, but by about 6 months ago I had rid our area of all of them. Then last month I started noticing that once again the bird feeders were being emptied faster than my 401K account. Beneath one of the feeders I found the critter poop on the right, so like any good Boy Scout I dissected it with a stick to try and figure out what had left it there. Suspecting a resurgence of the coon kind, I set the trap and baited it with a raccoon happy meal: Peanut butter, tuna fish, and some nuts. So what did I find the very next morning? Not a coon behind bars, but another load of coon crap. And the happy meal, untouched.


Now, I've been taught to never take anything personally, so I'm trying mightily to keep from declaring all-out coon war and going thermo-nuclear. But come on, how much coon crap can one guy take?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home