Monday, March 09, 2009

Helping Hand

My daughter Vanessa visited Wimberley last weekend and helped out. The thing is, she doesn't really understand how much she helped. While she was feeling bad about not getting lots of work done because her back was ailing, I was thinking how great it was to have her there. Helping me. Helping me see how far she's come. Helping me remember how quick and clever she is. Bringing back memories of her helping me out when she was two years old, taking screwdrivers from my toolbox and placing them in various slots in my old project car.

The few hundred miles that separate us most of each year don't keep us from staying in touch, but that's not the same as spending time together. Time playing dominoes, going for walks, and eating out. And even getting some work done in our spare time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home