Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Three's a Crowd

Lots of stuff going on in the kitchen last weekend. In the red vests, two guys from Lowe's are delivering our new refrigerator and trying to see how big a project they can make out of changing the door swing. Turns out they made quite the afternoon of that little project, at times looking a lot like 2/3rds of the three stooges...

Since the Lowe's guys were very late (they got lost driving to our house, of course), my schedule sequencing went right out the window. So meanwhile in the white t-shirt, my texture & paint guy Jose (the only professional construction help I have) is demonstrating that I made the right decision not to do that work myself. He's really good. And instead of being annoyed at the Lowe's guys for getting in his way, he seemed kinda amused. Maybe I'd have been amused too, if it weren't OUR new refrigerator and kitchen they were mess'n with.

So now the kitchen and dining area is much closer to being done. I'm putting up some light fixtures now and need to hookup the sink, then I'll declare this area "done enough" for awhile and move on. Still no flooring and not much ceiling, but done enough. Next we'll put in a counter top in the master bath vanity area made from crushed glass beer bottles! Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home